Casos de Sucesso Header GSTEP

Success Stories



GSTEP automates Planning and Budgetary Control solution at one of the largest Insurance
Companies in Portugal

The objectives of the Management and Planning Control (MPG) project developed by GSTEP, based on the Oracle Hyperion solution, were to simplify financial data processing at the Insurance Company, produce budgetary control reports and increase the time available to analyse results, indicators and trends.

GSTEP caso-de-sucesso-business-intelligence


International Insurance Company




Enterprise Performance Management



Oracle Hyperion

  • About 30 users
  • Basic project implemented in 6 months
  • Processing of 100 Excel files, including several versions per file
  • Time savings of at least 50%


The international, leading Insurance Company operating in Portugal formerly used Excel spreadsheets for planning and budgetary control purposes, which caused a series of problems, namely the following:

• Data processing took up about 80% of the time and effort allocated to this task, leaving only 20% of time for the respective analysis

• It was difficult to create different budget scenarios

• It was necessary to manage several Excel file versions

• All information was centralised at the Management Planning and Control Department, which meant that the various business areas were required to wait for processed information whenever they needed to analyse deviations

• Data losses might occur if files were damaged

• Security failures were a permanent concern

In order to reduce the amount of time and effort required to process data and thus increase the amount of time available for analysing results, indicators and trends, the Insurance Company opted for the creation of a user-friendly, interactive software, based on its know-how, in order to automate data processing and improve input, version and access control.

Based on its needs and following the go-ahead given by top-level managers, the Insurance Company selected GSTEP, owing to its experience and know-how in the EPM (Enterprise Performance Management) area and the trust built during the development of several joint projects.

Nowadays, we are better informed than ever, owing to the ever increasing amount of data available worldwide. Obviously, those of us who are better able to interpret this information will be at an advantage in an increasingly competitive market. In this sense, the projects we intend to develop with GSTEP in the future will certainly focus on detail, integration of other/new variables and scenario creation.

Planning and Information Manager at the Insurance Company

Know more...

Please fill in the form below with your details and you will receive the complete Success Story in your email.

Your Name

Your Email

Your Phone Number

Success Story

Your Message