The volume of information produced today, every minute, is immeasurably greater than the capacity for analysis, filtering, confirmation, cross-checking, or consolidation. On the other hand, the data and information that can be extracted from it are the greatest resource available to organisations to improve their efficiency and competitiveness, provided that the information is reliable, timely and coherent.
GSTEP’s mission in Business Intelligence coincides with the response to these challenges, which involves assisting its clients answer questions such as:
What data do I have at my disposal and how can I make the best of them?
How do I get the best results for my organization in the short, medium and long term? Do I need a Data warehouse, a Data lake or a Data Mart?
Where should my data be stored? In a file system or database? On premise or in the cloud?
What are the best technologies to meet my data storage, data analysis, information dissemination and information access needs?
What are the best manufacturers of BI technologies available for my specific case, given my current and foreseeable evolution of the IT infrastructure?
and Data Governance
Data Access and Security
Business Intelligence Solutions
GSTEP has a multidisciplinary team, dedicated to the implementation of the various solutions that are part of the roadmap of any Data Driven Organization.
Business Intelligence is the combination of tools and methods in your organization, involved in helping define and plan a business strategy.
These solutions unify the various data sources that exist in each organization, providing a “single truth” and confidence to the most diverse users.
Known as Decision Support Solutions, they allow the analysis of patterns, trends and behaviours, to assist corporate decision making.
The constant evolution of business needs has led to the increasing independence of each user, placing analysis capabilities at the service of key users and “self-service BI” analysts.
With a Decision Support System, you can gain a competitive advantage, benefiting from individual efficiency, reduction of team needs, resolution of problems and increased organizational control.
We have been implementing for several years Decision Support Systems in medium and large organizations, at departmental or corporate level.
We have experience with all kinds of data and the best ways to store, organize and explore them.
The assessment will allow you to understand how to map the current state of maturity in Business Intelligence of your organization, with the desirable short-term results, without compromising a lasting strategy.
Knowledge and data management are two areas of major importance, inevitably interconnected.
We will accompany you on this journey, in which the volume and variety of information presents great changes, which need to be permanently monitored and documented.
A Modelação de dados obriga-o a articular o seu negócio e respetivos processos, permitindo a colaboração e aumento de sinergias entre as diversas áreas na sua organização.
Data Modelling forces you to articulate your business and respective processes, permitting collaboration and increasing synergies among the various areas in your organization.
In order to build a database with your clients you not only need to identify what data you currently have, but also know how to use that data.
This process sheds light on your data and the way they relate to each other, providing a fundamental basis to not only understand, but also improve your business processes.
It makes it easier to integrate processes that have rules and calculation formulas, making their application uniform.
Tools with high graphic capabilities and able to apply, in a transparent way for decision makers, artificial intelligence algorithms, clustering and identification of outliers.
They become indispensable in cases where the relationship between data sets is not easily detectable.
We will help you in the configuration of these tools and their preparation, according to the user profiles of each organization.
Good corporate data organization does not only refer to the internal data storage structure. Said structure is useless if there is no sound information access and sharing strategy.
It is necessary to define a governance model that cuts across the whole organisation and meets its needs. Create group or profile management rules for data restrictions, in order to map with the business areas or functions of each one.
Have a corporate, cross-cutting view of your organization, sharing the right information with the right employee.
Oracle Cloud Infrastructure
Oracle Database Management
Oracle Analytics and Big Data
Business Intelligence Technology
The Oracle Cloud Infrastructure is a platform that allows you to solve any needs related to data, information and its exploration. All the solutions Oracle offers on-premise are also available in the Cloud, allowing you to plan the migration of your organization’s data and systems to the Cloud in a phased manner.
Main advantages of an Oracle Cloud solution:
- Elasticity – ease in allocating and reducing resources according to your needs, either in day to day or seasonal situations;
- Availability – with one of the highest SLA in the market and an ever-growing distribution in Data Centres, they have several Availability Domains, with almost non-existent downtimes.
Oracle Autonomous Data Warehouse Cloud Service is a fully automated, high performance, elastic service. It has all the performance of the Oracle Database in a fully automated environment, which is optimized for the performance required in a Data Warehouse.
In addition to ADW, Oracle also offers the following options for data storage in the Cloud:
- Database Cloud Service: Bare Metal
- Database Cloud Service: Virtual Machine
- Exadata Cloud Service
- Exadata Cloud@Customer
- Oracle NoSQLDatabase Cloud Service
- Oracle MySQL Database Service
Allows your organization to host structured, semi-structured or unstructured data from the most varied applications, from social networks, relational databases, sensors or information captured by your mobile devices. Ideal for large volumes of data.
To explore the data contained in the Data Warehouse, combine it with other information in various formats, and take advantage of the Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning capabilities of its database, Oracle provides Analytics and Big Data where the following stand out:
- Oracle Analytics Cloud – Simplifies the way of analysing and acting on information, allowing the detection of trends, exceptions and creation of Machine Learning models, being available on mobile devices.
- Oracle Data Science – Allows Data scientists to easily organize their work, access data and computer resources, and build, train, implement, and manage models on Oracle Cloud.
- Oracle Big Data Service – An automated service that provides a high-performance environment and capacity, tailor-made, to leverage the analytical capabilities of organizations.
- Oracle Big Data SQL Cloud Service – Allows immediate data analysis through Apache Hadoop, NoSQL and Oracle Database, with high performance. From simplifying Data Science efforts to exploiting Data Lakes, it makes the benefits of Big Data accessible to a larger group of end users.
- Oracle Cloud Infrastructure Data Catalog – This is a metadata management service that enhances the ability to organize, manage and enrich information on the organization’s data.
- Oracle Cloud Infrastructure Data Flow – Allows you to run Apache Spark applications without infrastructure, through a Big Data service, fully built to optimize performance and efficiency.
- Oracle Cloud Infrastructure Data Integration – It is a native ETL service to integrate, transform, and move data within the Cloud Infrastructure ecosystem.
- Oracle Cloud Infrastructure Streaming – enables the ingestion and storage of continuous, high-volume data streams and their processing in real time.
Microsoft Azure is a set of cloud services that allows you to address your corporate challenges. It allows for a large-scale implementation, through its various tools and architectures.
Main advantages of a Microsoft Azure Cloud solution:
- Flexibility – Increase or decrease of resources as needed;
- Integration – Supports most languages, tools or frameworks;
- Robustness – 99.95% availability – SLA and 24×7 technical support;
- Global – Geo-synchronized Data Centres;
- Economic – You only pay for what you use.
Azure Databricks is an analysis service, geared towards Apache Spark based performance, optimized for Microsoft Cloud services. Its optimization allows you to complete tasks in less time, reducing computing costs in the Cloud.
It is the hybrid data integration service that simplifies ETL in scale.
Fully managed and cost-effective server-less data integration tool in the Cloud that can be scaled on demand.
Azure Synapse Analytics is an unlimited analysis service that combines corporate data storage and macro data analysis. It allows you to define the strategy and decide how you want to analyse your data, using the resources provided.
Azure Synapse combines these two universes with a unified experience to ingest, prepare and deliver data for your immediate BI and Machine Learning needs. This versatility makes it the perfect service for Engineers, Data scientists and Business Analysts alike.
The most recent Azure Platform aggregates 3 products (Power BI, Power Apps, Power Automate), thus providing easy manipulation, navigation and automatisms in the analysis of your data.
Create innovative reports and dashboards using Microsoft Power BI. With hundreds of visuals available, produce graphs of your data that will help you, at the click of a button, discover patterns and get insights into your business. Connect, transform, clean and create models for data analysis.
Get started in the world of creating applications quickly and easily. Empower your team with autonomy to create and launch applications, using pre-built models and drag and drop techniques to renew your business.
Increase your productivity by reducing time on manual tasks in your day-to-day.
Automate from the simplest individual task to large-scale system integration using one of the many connectors available.
Produce workflows without the need for code. Provides Artificial Intelligence capabilities so you can focus on business strategy.